WAITING FOR THE VISION THAT TARRIES NOT

I believe that Covid-19 is just the calm before the storm. And God is saying that through the storm, for those who are led by the Spirit (Romans 8:14), not only will He release planting and vision, but that we are to “wait for the vision” though it tarries. For it will not tarry.

For it is through THE VISION that we all get to hear what God said to Isaiah: “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” And it is through the vision that we can then likewise say, “Here am I! Send me.” (Isaiah‬ ‭6:8‬). Which is how we will come to know, and then live and walk, in the soil of our planting.

But we cannot bring the vision to fulfillment through our own efforts. We must live under its inspiration until it fulfils itself. For of the vision, is it not written, “Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.” (Habakkuk 2:3). And does the written word from the heart of God not also say, “For the vision is yet for an APPOINTED time”? (Habakkuk 2:2).

And do we not see this blueprint of the His vision deposited in the bosom of man — being a vision that (1) will “not tarry”, that (2) it “will come”, that (3) it is for “an appointed time”, being the power of THREE — in the life and example of Jesus? For was Jesus not planted through the storm of mankind’s disobedience and sin in the vision of “dying for the sins of mankind” at “an appointed time”?

For is it not recorded on more than one occasion in the gospels that of His death He said, “now is not the time?” And does this not prove that the vision had an appointed time? And by Jesus saying “now is not the time”, does this not prove that Jesus never took His eyes off the vision. For He was PLANTED in the vision.

And of this vision, did its appointed time not surely come of its own? And did this appointed time also not tarry? Which proves we cannot bring the vision to fulfillment through our own efforts. We must live under its inspiration until it fulfils itself.

As a blueprint and example for our own tuition, the learning is that we should watch for the storms of God. For did God not answer Job out of the whirlwind? “Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind” (Job‬ ‭38:1‬). The only way God plants His saints is through the whirlwind of His storms. And when that storm comes, and come it will, will we be proven to be an empty pod with no seed inside? Or will we rather prove the good and acceptable and perfect will of God? (Romans 12:2). This will depend on whether or not we are actually living in the light of the vision we have received and seen.

Let God send us out through His storm, and DON’T GO UNTIL HE DOES! If we select our own place to be planted, and do not move in lockstep with its appointed time, we will prove ourself to be an unproductive, empty pod. However, if we allow God to plant us, and if we live and move and have our being in moving in lockstep with His Spirit, and vision, and timing, we will “bear much fruit” (John 15:8).

The key phrase though is: “Though it tarries, WAIT FOR IT . . .” Waiting for a vision that “tarries” is the true test of our faithfulness unto God. It is at the peril of our soul’s welfare that we get caught up in practical busy-work of chasing the vision and its out-working in our own timing and strength, only to miss the fulfillment of the vision.

“Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision,”
‭‭(Acts‬ ‭26:19‬).

1 comment,0 shares,5 likes
Nathan Lusilu
5 months

Can you like my last post👍🏾