I just checked into therapy for help with depression does anyone have any tips of getting into a deeper relationship with God. There are so many things I used to do for the Lord and due to my struggle with depression I stopped doing them. Please send help much love thanks 🙏🏾🙌🏾

12 comments,0 shares,4 likes
jeremiahthompson023
4 months

@LYaffa that’s ok

VictoryJoy
4 months

1. Get out of sin - and allow your heart then to be a place where Holy Spirit takes residence completely- He is the comforter....He will comfort you in the times of trouble 🙏🏼 Praying for you.
2. Get medical help- sometimes depression is a physiological illness, like any other it may require medications - even if just for a season.
3. Get equipped with the word of God, the Sword of the Spirit to cut down any spiritual entanglements. And fellowship with strong believers getting their genuine advice & encouragement. 🌟🌟

whylovetheworld
4 months

@Zechariah wow this is an awesome response, wisdom and revelation. I've never read the scripture this way, it really shows Jesus in His humanity and how He needed His friends. beautiful response😊

Lauren Y
4 months

Hi Jeremiah yes, I am going to message you directly if that’s okay

yomartin88
4 months

Blessings man of God begin to play worship music Isaiah 61:3 The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.❤️🔥🩸👑🕊🦅

Zechariah
4 months

How Jesus dealt with depression:

He chose some close friends to be with him. “Taking with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee” (Matthew 26:37).

He opened his soul to them. He said to them, “My soul is very sorrowful, even to death” (Matthew 26:38).

He asked for their intercession and partnership in the battle. “Remain here, and watch with me” (Matthew 26:38).

He poured out his heart to his Father in prayer. “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me” (Matthew 26:39).

He rested his soul in the sovereign wisdom of God. “Nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will” (Matthew 26:39).

He fixed his eye on the glorious future grace that awaited him on the other side of the cross. “For the joy that was set before him [he] endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God” (Hebrews 12:2).

Source- https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/six-ways-jesus-fought-depression

naphtalimara7
4 months

@jeremiahthompson023 Yes. Google happy light...

jeremiahthompson023
4 months

@naphtalimara7 No I’ll look into it

naphtalimara7
4 months

@jeremiahthompson023 No problem brother.

naphtalimara7
4 months

Also have you tried light therapy? It helps me.

jeremiahthompson023
4 months

@naphtalimara7 Thank you so much 🙏🏾

naphtalimara7
4 months

You made the biggest most important step and that is your honesty. God loves that. Fight...When you don't want to pray, pray anyway... Sing anyway, read anyway,,,depression is like a blanket made of chains. Trust me, I know cause I fight through it in my life as well. So when I say press, you press ....Do not believe those lies the enemy tell you because you know they are contradictory to God's truth. Trade the garment of heaviness for the Spirit of praise.