Sat, 15 August 2020
Pray with Pst Sam
Prayer Focus: No temptation
1 Cor 10:13, Jhn 16:33, James 1:13
Good morning friends, it's the last day of the week and the last day of our prayers this week, as our prayer meeting runs between Monday and Saturday. Welcome aboard.
God is gracious and kind, His mercy extends from generation to generation, He is same God forever more.
As we pray this morning, we'll be praying in regards to challenges and distractions, I would love that you take this prayers seriously because most times the experiences we call temptations are private with us, most people may not exactly know the depth of the experience until it's expressed in words.
Temptations comes in two folds, first as the challenges we face in life, life itself tests us, tries us, this takes us through a process that eventually makes us into either someone better or bitter. The devil also makes things difficult for people, putting stumbling blocks on the road and other things just to get them discouraged.
"For a great and effective door has opened to me, and there are many adversaries".
I Corinthians 16:9 NKJV
There's also the temptation that is a distraction from the pit of hell, you see, the devil will keep trying to get you into sin, John the beloved categorised it into ways and manner this comes
in his epistle" Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever."
We can not afford to fall or fail any, we must be able to stand strong through any of these, knowing that "...the same affliction is among our brethren", no matter how terrible the temptation is, you are not the only who is going through it, who has gone through it or who will ever go through it. There are many who have gone through it successfully.
"As for us, we have all of these great witnesses who encircle us like clouds. So we must let go of every wound that has pierced us and the sin we so easily fall into. Then we will be able to run life’s marathon race with passion and determination, for the path has been already marked out before us".
Hebrews 12:1 TPT
You must have the right attitude in the midst of temptations, never ever say in your heart that God is tempting you or trying to punish you because of something you did, remember "...God does not tempt with evil..."
But be rest assured that "... Be assured that the testing of your faith [through experience] produces endurance [leading to spiritual maturity, and inner peace]."
James 1:3 AMP
Let us PRAY
- Father, thank you for keeping me through this week, i rejoice and I praise you
- Father, thank you for prayers answered this week, prophecies fulfilled this week, for the daily benefits from you to me, thank you Lord.
- Father, I declare, my heart is strengthened to stand strong and to withstand the trials of this life in the name of Jesus
- Father, I refuse to derive my definition or conclusions from the challenges and contrary realities of life in the name of Jesus
- Father, by the HolyGhost, I go through the challenges of life conscious of the victory I have in Christ, in the name of Jesus
- Father, I declare that temptations are as bread to me, I go through them with joy, knowing that God is faithful to make a way of escape for me.
- Father, by faith I refuse to make sin an habitual practice, I am God's righteousness, so I no longer fall into that sinful temptation, I am delivered from the works of the flesh, sin and satan in the name of Jesus
- Father, I declare my freedom from every wrong and sinful addiction, addictions that weakness/temptation has brought into my life at some point, I am free now in the name of Jesus
- Father, I walk on the waters of this life, I walk through the red sea of this life, I part the Jordans, i am victorious against all odds in the name of Jesus
- Pray in the HolyGhost
- Thank God for answered prayers
Hallelujah!! What a tune it has been praying through the week, we rejoice on God for His grace that is sufficient for us.
Pray with Pst Sam continues on Monday, I will see you then.
Have a beautiful weekend ahead