I was doing the fast since Sunday, and I was struggling a lot due to different situations going on. During day 2 I felt very purposeless concerning the fast and when my family got home with a bunch of different foods and desserts I gave up in my mind and I gave up. I knew God wanted me to continue but I am constantly surrounded by food and my dad needs my help to do errands or carry stuff since his back is bad. He is always sending me to the store to get food and drinks, and the smell of food is always there during my home or out of home. I get discouraged by my family because they claim I will wind up in the hospital and stuff like that. My dad recommended me to continue but to do a 6am-6pm fast every day instead of no food. So I agreed to it. But I am new to fasting and I am ignorant of a lot of things concerning fasting. I feel bad and I ma not sure if it is pleasing to God for me to continue. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions to what I should do? Anything would help I would love to learn more about this. I don't want to fail God. Makes me feel like a hypocrite before God in prayer. Thank you in advance.

25 comments,2 shares,5 likes
Mordecai
6 months

@Ak Samuel Amen, thank you for the advice.πŸ˜€. Holy Spirit told me last night to brainstorm goals today and tomorrow, and continue on by starting Sunday for the 2 weeks. God is good!

Ak Samuel
6 months

That feeling of inadequacy is from the Devil. It's meant to discourage you. Whether you fast a whole day or less or marathon, it's meant to strengthen you spiritually. The Lord will keep strengthening and guiding you as you journey on. Also, pay attention to the various advice and allow his Spirit to lead you.

Mordecai
6 months

@snowwhitesmellscoffee ohh cool I didn't know that. I literally thought liquid fast meant water only lol, but thanks πŸ˜€

snowwhitesmellscoffee
6 months

Bone broth is a good option if you're doing a liquids only fast. It doesn't spike blood sugar levels like juice and is very healing for the gut.

Mordecai
6 months

@Cogmum thank you for the encouragement sister, and amen I will keep pushing in the name of Jesus πŸ˜€

Mordecai
6 months

@Eugenia T amen that's great sister, and thank you! I will do the 1 meal a day fasting. I hope to give God more as I grow in him.

Mordecai
6 months

@feletafe yes it's my 1st time doing a long fast like this. thank you sister, I will do that for sure.

Mordecai
6 months

@Pamela thank you sister, amen that is very true. Shalom to you as well.

Mordecai
6 months

@flowerlights yes that definitely helps, thanks!

Mordecai
6 months

@Emay thank you sister πŸ˜€

Mordecai
6 months

@Lion of Judah thank you sister very true.

Cogmum
6 months

Just so you know, God knows your struggles, and you can always pick up a fast after a slip up, just acknowledge the slip up, and ask g to help you stay focused during the rest of the fast.

Eugenia T
6 months

I started on a one meal per day because I take medication but I ate lots in the one meal so then decided to try the Daniel fast but I felt like you ie as if I was not really fasting... Then I heard apostle Tomi on his morning prayer and encouragement and there's a lot of very useful info there plus he and his staff member (don't know his name) answered people's questions about fasting this way or the other which really made absolute sense to me and I now am on a water fast only. Join the prayer and fasting if you haven't already and listen to all the advice given by the apostle. It's πŸ‘ I also love love love praying with Carol even if on playback.. God bless you (I'm new to fasting also - only done a Daniel fast before)

feletafe
6 months

If this is your first time of fasting, do one meal in a day. God sees the heart brother.

Pamela
6 months

Please Gonzales, there is now no condemnation for anyone in Christ Jesus because the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has set us free from the law of spirit of death.
God still loves you, fasting or no fasting. Relax in His presence and He will teach you and great shall be your peace. Shalom

flowerlights
6 months

I am doing 1 meal a day, see if that helps, we are trying to get closer to God and pray more to him 😊 it is also my first time doing whole meal fasts .. previously I've only fasted from certain foods and such during Lent

Emay
6 months

If your new to fasting you will have your weak moments. You will get stronger each time you do it.... I remember one time I was on a water fast that I dedicated myself for 3 days. Well I got to day 2 and I went to a birthday party πŸŽ‚ 😌. Needless to say, I cracked under the pressure.... Over time you build up a history with the Lord in this area. This is a journey you take with the Holy Spirit. You can even begin by fasting one meal a day. The Lord will lead you ☝

Lion of Judah
6 months

I feel you brother.The same happens to me so if I can't do afull day or 12 hour fast,I do instead 6 hours because its the true and sincere sacrifice you are giving God not putting on a show and God values the time you spend with Him in prayer .Also ask the Holy Spirit for help because He knows us best.be blessed.

NancyW
6 months

Pastor Elizabeth,,your a gem ..such an strength and encourager to others!!

Pstr Elizabeth Joel
6 months

Herbal teas as well.