One of the signs you are a candidate of hell is when you are happy your secret sins are not exposed so you can be corrected. Meaning, if the Holy Spirit is not chastising you for your sins then you are not a child of God. Pray to be exposed so you can be corrected. Shalom ☺

15 comments,0 shares,5 likes
Bernadette Washington
30 days

Un-repented habitual sin does not only weakens your testimony but puts you in danger to hell. Just because Christ die for the consequences of sin-doesn’t mean you can’t go to hell. Salvation is a choice and a lifestyle after Christ. It’s not works but obedience to the scriptures. Mathew 7 :21 is clear about everyone who claims to call His name will not be saved..period. And if you don’t think so, it’s okay.

However, it is NOT an indicator of ones lack of understanding of Gods Love and to suggest that it shows pride and arrogance.

Ifiok
about 1 month

@GabrielJC, I have watched it. We can explore in depth when we fellowship later in the week, but let’s lay a foundation here:
1. Hell is real
2. John 3:16 and John 3:36 are consistent. Faith in Jesus as Saviour and Lord gives eternal life.
3. Everyone grows up with filters according to how they were raised both in the world and in the church.
4. Faith not fear is the only way to please God (Hebrews 11:6).
5. Whatever creates fear in your heart (including your interpretation of scripture) is proof that you have not been made perfect in love (1 John 4:18). Note that the preacher kicked off with 2 fears in his heart, and it’s easy to be moved to identify with that in piety.
6. In the OT, man sinned and lost God. There was enmity btw God and man, only sacrifices could appease God for a moment.
7. Jesus sacrifice on the cross completely satisfied God’s anger for sin, so there remains no longer a sacrifice for sins (Hebrews 10:17-18).
8. Concerning God’s anger in destroying the world in Noah’s time, please see Prophet Isaiah’s insight on God’s covenant with the redeemed in Isaiah 54:8-9).
9. Salvation is by Grace through faith in the finished and complete work of Jesus Christ. An increasing revelation of the love of God and faith in that love provides grace (empowerment) to respond positively to that love. Result? A life that rejoices and pants after Him to please Him.
10. No amount of fear of impending doom and everlasting condemnation to hell can empower anyone to live above sin. That logic can only resonate with a natural mind that is carnal, but a spiritual mind has the capacity to understand and appreciate the Grace of God. Do good and get good, do bad and get beat can be understood by any human (same theme across every religion), but Grace can only be understood by a regenerated mind that is renewed by the word of God through communion with the Holy Spirit.
SUMMARY: we all need to meditate on the love of God towards us (not our love for God which can never be perfect), in order to become more and more like Him. Peter swore on his love for Jesus and denied Him more than once; John constantly confessed the Lord’s love for him and remained by the cross (others fled), and ultimately got the Lord’s approval (John 19:26-27).

Orkins70
about 1 month

@Deji Godded the Lord says if you believe in my name you will have ever lasting life
those who don't believe are condemned already
it doesn't say if don't have the holy spirit you are going to hell
the holy spirit is a gift
it maybe that their time hasn't come to receive it yet maybe some people won't get it for ten years later so no I don't agree with the original analogy only God knows the hart which why we should never place judgement we can't read the heart we can't tell if someone wicked because there are doing wicked things we don't know
what his plan is for that person his ways are beyond our comprehension that same person that was in the grove one
year and sacrifice or whatever they do there the next year might be a misionary the next year if we are gonna let's judge ourselves and no else
God bless you guys and women

GabeJC
about 1 month

@Deji Godded
Well, make it clear that you can ASK the Lord to tell/show you anything you may need to repent for, and He will.

Deji Godded
about 1 month

If the HolySpirit is not convicting you of your disobedience then you might be in danger of hell. Prayerfully check your ways. Shalom ☺

GabeJC
about 1 month

I think what this post is trying to convey is that if you're actually saved, then you are willing to not live a sinful lifestyle. Meaning, if you DO desire to live a sinful lifestyle, then you probably never actually accepted Christ in the first place. Since Christ took the penalty for our sin, we are not called for "sin management." Therefore, it's one thing to be struggling with sin and to look to God to eventually free you from it. However, it's another thing entirely to INTEND to sin indefinitely and see nothing wrong with that.

Edit: I think I missed the point of this post... Your sins DO NOT need to be exposed to other people if that's what the poster means... As long as you repent of what God is convicting you of, your sins are washed away. Confessing your sins to other people is a Catholic thing lol.

GabeJC
about 1 month

@Ifiok Can I get your thoughts on this 12 min video??? I came across it a while back and was unsure what to think about it.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CBpPpWIJd9K/?igshid=1hv55zpqyuxie

Deji Godded
about 1 month

@Orkins70 please read my post again.

Deji Godded
about 1 month

@Drjettie I pray the Lord open your religious eyes to see and to visit hell so you'll know there are many so called believers in hell waiting for judgement.

Kiss
about 1 month

@Ifiok I see. Good explanation. Thanks

Ifiok
about 1 month

@Kiss first what is the will of the Father in this context? (See 1 John 3:22-23). It should not be interpreted as the ability not to commit sin. If you Mark your stand in God by the sins you commit or don’t commit, you can never have faith for heaven. That was the whole purpose of the OT, to reveal to man that none can satisfy God’s standard of righteousness hence the need for a Saviour. Christ saved us from the consequence of sin, not the ability to sin! This knowledge is what deepens our love for Him, which in turn engenders our desire to resist sin. The more revelation of the love of God one has, the more committed they can be to resist sin. Most people that preach the message of sin and condemnation do not have a revelation of God’s love and are themselves still struggling with sin.
Going back to Matthew 7:21, Jesus was referring to people whose trust/faith is not in Him but go around ‘performing’ good works, which God will not deny the beneficiaries just because the vessel is not right, but no matter the reason for one preaching the gospel (whether for selfish gain or any other carnal reason), God will not deny Himself whereas the preacher may be lost.
Please study the book of Galatians prayerfully for more insight.

Kiss
about 1 month

@Ifiok What about Matthew 7:21

Ifiok
about 1 month

This doctrine of hell because of sin (whether secret or open) is borne out of a legalistic mindset that was trained to believe that we can qualify for heaven by works. The only pathway to Grace is faith, and as soon and as long as you believe in Christ Jesus as your Saviour you are in heaven! Habitual sin only weakens your testimony on earth as well as your reward level in heaven. Christ has already destroyed sin in His flesh for all that accept Him. It sounds too good to be true, which is why it is Grace! A good understanding of the love of God (which is beyond understanding in full) is the antidote for a sinful lifestyle, not fear of going to hell. SHALOM.

Orkins70
about 1 month

I don't agree yes the holy spirit corrects you but it starts from the bottom of your new hart and out I smoke cigarettes still I've had holy spirit for 9 years if u get the holy spirit it's because you felt convicted that you are a sinner and know that Christ died for our sins and that he is God in flesh. I have quit many things since I've been walking with the Lord and things I used to do were abolished by faith
if was to say to myself I am quitting tomorrow after I have been praying for the holy spirit lead and control everything in my life and tomorrow i try quitting smoking I will fail because I am no longer relying on my faith but my will which my will I gave to God I know that by faith when the Lord is ready he will take smoking from me
just like numerous other addiction s I had which the Lord took cocaine lust alcohol these things no longer come into my mind because the Lord took them on his time not mine the Lord is not a respector of persons he reads the hart and things I do is because that's how he chastised I know my smoking makes me weak but when I am weak I am strong when I am at my weakest point the Lord take s over there for I am strong because I live in my faith I have no will power I rely completely on him and his grace.
blessed is he that endure his temptations
if we have been given the power to fight and win against our temptation then there would be no reason for Christ to die on the cross for our sins we simply be able to repent and not sin again after
the fact Jesus went to the cross is because we can't stop sinning we will always be sinners until we put on the robe of righteousness that's why Paul says what I would do I don't do
and what I shouldn't do that I do

Drjettie
about 1 month

My question too you would be, Didn't Christ die for all sins before the foundation of the earth?

The Holy Spirit corrects in Love. He certainly brings conviction. But can I submit to you that He is Long suffering gracious and kind. Patience has to have her time so that any person would be entire and wanting of nothing.

God's love don't condemn to hell. He doesn't want any to experience hell but wants all to come to Eternal Life.

Honestly it's very difficult for a child of God or anyone including the sinner to go to hell.

God is so very passionately working thru the Holy Spirit to bring every man, woman, boy or girl to repentance.