The Amorite Spirit

What's in a name?

A great deal can be inferred directly from the meaning of the word "Amorite". As we mentioned in the first article of this series (under the section "The 7 types of evil spirits"), "Amorite" means, "mountain people; renowned". Since mountains refer to tall and impressive land masses that dominate over valleys, we can infer that the Amorite spirit is a spirit of self-exaltation. The word for Amorite in Hebrew comes from another Hebrew word, amar, which means, "to utter, to say"; this implies that people with Amorite spirits are people who want their name uttered or mentioned. Amorites are fame-seekers, seekers of human glory and greatness. Practically all dictators in history are Amorites. People like Saddam Hussein, Fidel Castro, Adolph Hitler, and Joseph Stalin, who like to dominate and control others, who love to see pictures of themselves plastered all over entire cities and countries, and who love to see their subjects revere and worship them, are men whose hearts are possessed by Amorite spirits. 

Just as mountains tend to dominate over the landscape they are in, Amorites are people who like to dominate and rule over others. They tend to establish an imposing and seemingly immovable presence.

"19Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? 20And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." (Matthew 17:19-20)

When the Lord talks about us removing mountains, He was not simply talking about "big problems", as most preachers teach. He was talking about the uprooting of spiritual powers in high places. Instead of focusing our faith on getting things from God, our faith is to focus on the tearing down of principalities and powers that get in the way of God's kingdom being established on Earth. We are soldiers in a battle to take back the Earth for God, and, as soldiers, we are not here to please ourselves but to execute the orders of our Commander-In-Chief, the Lord Jesus Christ. This "taking back of the Earth" from the Amorites that dominate it is not to be done through human means, but through the activation of faith that is apparently small in comparison to these spirits, but which has the dynamite potential to overtake them, because our faith is a seed with kingdom potential in it. You and I, my brother and sister, have the potential to establish God's kingdom on Earth. All believers have the capability to tear down Amorite spirits from the heavens.
http://shamah-elim.info/amorite.htm

1 comment,0 shares,0 likes
okb
7 months

Spot on, recently my home Church preached on this & the other 6 from Deut 7.
May we be wise as serpents, gentle as doves by His Spirit in Jesus’ Name