Hey I used to hear from God about 10years ago, in dreams mostly, but I do not hear from him anymore. Back then I was less into the word of God than I am now so I do not understand why I do not hear from the Lord as I used to. Any insight would be appreciated and Prayer or even if you have a word for me. Thanks

13 comments,3 shares,1 likes
Fille du Roi des rois
8 months

God is His Word and the first means Through which He speaks to us is through His word ( Bible)

Fille du Roi des rois
8 months

«For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.»
‭‭Job‬ ‭33:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬ https://www.bible.com/bible/1/job.33.14.kjv

God is speaking to you everyday when you open your Bible . You don’t just realize it cause you are used to another way. But He does speak to you. Take time everyday and speak with the Holy Spirit , great Him in the morning first thing when you wake up. When you are alone , under the shower have a chat with Him. When you are about reading your Bible tell Him you want Him to give you the revelation of His word . Do these few little things and come and testify . You are growing spiritual so God toi wants you to grow in listening . I hope this helps

Left
8 months

Dreams are the least ways through which God speaks to man... Believers and unbelievers alike... In maturity, God expects us to understand that our dreams becomes spiritual realities.

Spiritual realization can be tricky for God to expose us to, if we have not developed the gift of discerning of spirits.

So I believe that when your dreams became sojourn in the spiritual, your understanding became unprofitable, thus God had to stop so you don't get into trouble.

We can never be exposed to the spiritual realm more than our understanding of how it works.

1. Know your gifts, and stir them up

2. Understand your calling and work in it

3. Your dreaming was just a pointer to what God created you for. Godspeed. https://youtu.be/OA20tGmcxQ0

Florakaye
8 months

The Lord speaks to us in different ways in different seasons.

He wants us to recognise His voice when He calls ( Job 33:14 - CEV). When we are used to God speaking to us in a certain way, we put limitations on how God relates with us. He is a great lover and the closer you relate with Him, you will reach depths you never ever imagined existed. I am a seer and I have been through seasons like this but I learned over time that when you seek Him, indeed you shall find Him.

manka1579
8 months

@prophetessruthcharles Thanks. Shalom to you

prophetessruthcharles
8 months

God is restoring your seeing... I was one who was a dreamer that drempt all the time and I began to interpret other people's dreams... the more I grew in the prophetic I stop dreaming and I went to just prophesying without dreaming. And I believe that's what God is doing to you... he's transitioning you. You went through a period of growth where he had to grow you internally in the word because there's no prophecy, no foretelling or forthtelling that is higher or outside of the written word of God...so take this incubation period and ask the Lord when you are reading the word, what are you saying to me? and then you speak when and what God speaks. and I ditto what Bro. Steven spoke. -Shalom

manka1579
8 months

@stevem7 Thanks

SteveM7
8 months

@manka1579 Hi, just three things came to mind when I read your post.

Firstly, don’t say that you don’t hear from Lord because your confessing it when you do.

Secondly, because you are reading the word more than you did before, that’s Him speaking to you! Not that I think you are but don’t that for granted.
It may not be a direct word but it’s still His word.

Thirdly, speaking from experience I don’t believe there’s anything necessarily wrong, I believe there are just times that you dream more in some seasons and other times not so much, also you could still be hearing from the Lord in your dreams but not remembering them when you wake up.

If you feel there’s a problem then seek the Lord and ask Him if there’s something that your missing or need to do.
I hope this helps. 😊

manka1579
8 months

@Yaritza Amen and Amen. Thank you so much. God bless

Yaritza
8 months

Father I pray in the name of your son Yeshua for my dear sister, I pray that you show her that she has the ability to hear you, remove any hindrances and or distractions, awaken her and give her dreams and visions and also show her that she can communicate with you all day throughout her day there is never a time when you are not listening but also help us to be still to hear you. All in your mighty and precious name!!!

Blessings to you!

d_Acy
8 months

That’s how it was with me in dreams. I do miss that with The Lord!

manka1579
8 months

@dr_88101 that's nice to hear that God speaks to you more, I recall how he would warn me and show me things to come and even hidden things. I miss that and yearn for more.

d_Acy
8 months

Same here! God has however been speaking to me more! Just haven’t been having dreams as much as I used to!