Does anyone know why on the propheticost that was on last night, people had to sign up to a £30 a month subscription in order to get access to the zoom call? Only the select few who can afford it can get all access to the prophetic words uttered by self proclaimed prophet Tomi.

Guys, the word of God himself is freely available for reading, meditation and study. In Gods word you can find out all about your mighty God and his plans for you. You do not need to pay £30 per month for privileged access.

Just putting it out there. We don’t need prophets to guide us in our lives. Our job is to learn to seek God for ourselves. There is nothing more delightful than hearing God speak through our circumstances or his word.

Blessings

13 comments,0 shares,1 likes
Reconciler
6 months

@GabeJC hi gabe. I think my answer to all your questions is In the second and third paragraph of my original post. I am concerned that so many people are eager to ‘get a word’ from Tomi and other prophets. I think Christian leaders need to be helping Christians develop their own relationship with Jesus through the word. Personally I am wary of this sort of clamour to get a word from the prophet. It’s not a criticism, just an opinion.

Reconciler
6 months

@Brother Chris @GabeJC hey guys - thanks for your patient replys. In hindsight it wasn’t the best worded post...apologies for that. You must get a bit fed up with us newbies misunderstanding what you’re doing. As for comparing me to fireman - man, that is harsh ;). Guys be blessed, be at peace. To be honest, I think some of fireman’s posts are a bit baiting. He does make some good points though sometimes.

glynisgee
6 months

@GabeJC Would be much appreciated - thanks 🙏

GabeJC
6 months

@glynisgee I agree with you there for sure... There are quarterly partners meetings, so maybe I can bring this up at the next one 🤔👍

glynisgee
6 months

@GabeJC I don't know if you've seen a couple with their baby asking for support, I've been in that position but on my own. You want to give but £30 can seem like a 1000 when your struggling. I wish these ministries would also stipulate to give what you can. People on extremely low incomes still want to give and be a part. What might not seem much to some is an awful lot to others.

GabeJC
6 months

@glynisgee Well, it's $10 a week... I don't think that is that bad, personally, especially because I know people who give at least that as an offering for church each week. However, I suppose it is a heavy price if you're supporting multiple projects/ministries, so I feel that. RIG is the only ministry I'm partnered with at the moment.

GabeJC
6 months

@Reconciler You're not paying to get into the zoom meeting... You're paying to support the ministry (which most people aren't doing) and being in the zoom meeting is just a benefit of doing so, and at the same time it's a way to fairly decrease the amount of people in the zoom meeting so that things are more efficient, technologically and for the prophetic team.

However, what would you suggest the best solution be since there are too much people, limited technology to handle that much people that want to be ministered to, and not enough people volunteering to be part of the prophetic team??? I'm all ears. 👂

glynisgee
6 months

@GabeJC Thanks for explaining but another point , I've been with other partners and they also ask you to send what you can. I'm all for supporting but its a heavy price, especially when you try to help lots of projects.

Reconciler
6 months

@GabeJC hi gabe. Thanks for clarifying. That doesn’t make full sense though. Why if there is no room on the zoom, encourage people to sign up for a £30 a month partnership in order to get into the zoom. That’s what seemed weird to me. If you can explain I’d be grateful. Thanks

GabeJC
6 months

@Brother Chris 💯

Brother Chris
6 months

@GabeJC THIS GUY IS THE NEW FIREMAN 🤷🏽‍♂️ TO QUICK TO ASSUME WITHOUT KNOWING THE FULL DETAILS 🤦🏽

GabeJC
6 months

I'm a partner. Zoom couldn't handle 1000 members. The breakout room function wouldn't work with that many people, so it made organizing the amount of people to be prophesied to by the prophetic team a nightmare.

Also, the prophetic team would have to stay up all night to prophesy to each and every person, so it was too much on the prophetic team as a whole.

thisiskevin
6 months

Hello 👋

I think the misconception in this post is that if someone wants to hear a prophetic word you have to pay a 30 pound subscription. This is not the case or the narrative.

The partners subscription has always been a way to donate and grow this ministry and tech company. Not a P2P model.

To my knowledge the propheticost done in 2020 have been more accessible because there was less exposure, less people on the calls.

However as the family grows and exposure increases this in turn stretches the resources currently available both in the prophetic team (which is not just Tomi by the way) and the technical resources.

there was a time where the propheticost zoom call had over 1k members, zoom evidently has a problem handling that many members which causes technical difficulties.

so in an effort to be more efficient while the resources grow due to the expanding Rig Family it's been reserved as a thank you for the folks who have been partnering with the ministry.

I'm providing my opinion here as an outsider looking in as well. Coming from a tech background I do see how right now it's technically challenging to have a digital meeting of over 1,000 folks and not causing a massive bandwidth issue then in crashing the entire thing.