@Tomi Arayomi What is the God-honoring way to interact with those living LGBTQ lifestyles? How do we show Christ's love and mercy while upholding what God says about homosexuality?

12 comments,0 shares,6 likes
uchinnah
3 months

Be led by the Spirit at all times.

tux44
3 months

There shouldnt be a particular strategy to draw people to Christ. The Spirit of God does the drawing. So you only have to obey the Holy spirit when ministering to anyone.

flowerlights
3 months

@JesusFreak007 we cant miss out Holy Spirit or love to peoples character. if you want to plainly think of it with out these it would be that you dont go because you shouldnt support such things. but the holy spirit could tell you to go or not so that maybe they feel convicted. maybe you pray that it is stopped in Jesus name, maybe they ask you what you thought of the marriage etc.

JesusFreak007
3 months

@flowerlights What if you invited to a gay married couple's home or to stay wedding? What is the God-honoring thing to do in those circumstances?

JesusFreak007
3 months

@stella loved One thing I've noticed when listening to street preachers, certain denominations and well-intended billboards...People who don't know God do not know what "sin" is, so telling them they're in sin does nothing but push them away and make them not want to hear God's word at all as you said. When you're lost, you have no idea you are lost until you are found by the Lord.

flowerlights
3 months

treat them as you would want to be treated. show them you are a Christian. let them see you are good. they or you can start a conversation about God. pray about these things and be Holy Spirit led. But you are not there to force them to accept Christ but to give them the gospel. They will go off on their own to either accept Christ or not. I have heard testimonies online and people first find God then on the way they change their life style. invite them to church - this has ofcourse never been easier as so a video as well.

JesusFreak007
3 months

@daisycoledc Thanks, I'll look for that.

Omolola Oni
3 months

Thank you! for this questions. its been on my mind for the past couple weeks since I saw a disappointing video of the responses from top ministers. Left me bewildered.

daisycoledc
3 months

@daisycoledc thay should say on YouTube sorry

daisycoledc
3 months

on there is a great interview between Tomi and James Aladrian on this issue. highly recommended

stella loved
3 months

Of course my name is not Tomi Arayomi, just sharing what i have been meditating on 🙂

stella loved
3 months

This has been on my mind for the past few weeks. I have come to this so far:
Listening to them and allowing them to speak
Showing compassion
Focusing on their discipleship as with any other believer and allowing the Holy Spirit to do His work
We should refrain from repeating « you live in sin » over snd over again as it will just push them to fall away from their faith and home which is with Christ