Nine years ago today

“Bible thots-Christ and His Church are synonymous terms.He is His body,His Body is Him.U cant love the "head" of a man and dislike or mistreat His "body".Its a sinlge component.Such is the Church of Christ.Lets view the following scriptures.

1Cor12:12 For just as the body is a unity and yet has many parts, and all the parts, though many, form [only] one body, so it is with Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
He is the head of the Body.He is one with the Body.

1Cor8:12 And when you sin against your brethren in this way, wounding and damaging their weak conscience, you sin against Christ.

A sin against ur brothers in Christ is against Him.He cant be severed from His body.

Lets view a scenario in the Book of Acts.

Acts9:1- Meanwhile Saul, [a]still drawing his breath hard from threatening and murderous desire against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest
2 And requested of him letters to the synagogues at Damascus [authorizing him], so that if he found any men or women belonging to the Way [of life as determined by faith in Jesus Christ], he might bring them bound [with chains] to Jerusalem.
3 Now as he traveled on, he came near to Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him,
4 And he fell to the ground. Then he heard a voice saying to him, Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me [harassing, troubling, and molesting Me
5 And Saul said, Who are You, Lord? And He said, I am Jesus, Whom you are persecuting. [a]It is dangerous and it will turn out badly for you to keep kicking against the goad [to offer vain and perilous resistance].

What a truth.Saul saw christians,fellow human beings as his target.Yet he was "punishing"Jesus.He was harrasing Him.He was treating Him with disdain.Contempt.
Whatever we do to believers is to Christ.He is His body.

Paul taught this clearly .
Eph5:29 For no man ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and carefully protects and cherishes it, as Christ does the church,
30 Because we are members (parts) of His body.
31 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother and shall be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.
32 This mystery is very great, but I speak concerning [the relation of] Christ and the church.

Very Apt.The believer is flesh and bones of Christ.We are one.

When we serve fellow believers we serve Jesus.
We cant claim to serve Christ and ignore serving fellow believers.

To claim to love and unseen Christ and treat badly,without honor "seen" believers who are His body is sheer hypocrisy.

Matthew25:36Lets hear Jesus..I was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you visited Me [j]with help and ministering care, I was in prison and you came to see Me.
37 Then the just and upright will answer Him, Lord, when did we see You hungry and gave You food, or thirsty and gave You something to drink?

38 And when did we see You a stranger and welcomed and entertained You, or naked and clothed You?

39 And when did we see You sick or in prison and came to visit You?

40 And the King will reply to them, Truly I tell you, in so far as you did it for one of the least [[k]in the estimation of men] of these My brethren, you did it for Me.
41 Then He will say to those at His left hand, Begone from Me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels!
42 For I was hungry and you gave Me no food, I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink,
43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome Me and entertain Me, I was naked and you did not clothe Me, I was sick and in prison and you did not visit Me [l]with help and ministering care.
44 Then they also [in their turn] will answer, Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?
45 And He will reply to them, Solemnly I declare to you, in so far as you failed to do it for the least [[m]in the estimation of men] of these, you failed to do it for Me.
46 Then they will go away into eternal punishment, but those who are just and upright and in right standing with God into eternal life.

Straitforward.

Serving God is serving men.

Loving God is not kneeling down and singing "Jesus i love u" and shedding tears for the cross and His sufferings.What He asks of us is to Love His Church.Our brethren.

1John4:20 If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [[a]in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.
21 And this command (charge, order, injunction) we have from Him: that he who loves God shall love his brother [[b]believer] also.

This is also very clear.
How u serve God is to how u serve men.

Sometimes we claim loyalty and love for Christ as the reason why do nothing in the house of God.We say christianity is a personal somethg..i think we say relationship or walk with God!

Rubbish.

Yet we run around for money.We serve better in their offices and eartly responsibilities.Because pleasures of life are involved.

Our loyalty is to their apetites.Christ is only been used as a decoy,an excuse.

When we are loyal to Christ,we serve in His house,His Church.

We dust chairs for Christ to sit on them,we wash the toilets for Christ to use them,we treat the church properties with utmost care because it belongs to Him.We stand as an usher with gusto,panache and pride..as we are welcoming Christ and making His attendance of the service comfortable.We distribute fliers for Him.

When we give ur offerings(by whatever name,tithes,fruits,seed as we choose to name our material giving to honor the One thru Whom we got them),u Give to Him!

Service without a Christ-Consciousness is vain.

Lets serve Christ,Lets serve His Church.

We cant do one without doing the Other.

Agreed?I am a servant of Christ,so i serve His Church.We win!”

May 15,2012

Pst Segun ©

1 comment,3 shares,3 likes
mufasosends
2 months

wonderful words of praise for the most high King