The religious spirit is a dangerous thing

5 comments,0 shares,13 likes
Emay
about 1 month

@allyshajohnson yes! Great Scripture, thank you. ❤❤

Emay
about 1 month

@sswear2 Yes! When I was a new Christian I caught myself looking in the Word to try and correct someone else. But then God corrected me to seek the Scripture for myself. Same thing happened when I was in church service. I would be thinking about someone else who needed to hear that message. Then once again I was corrected by the Lord who gently said to me, "you are the one present, it's you who need to hear the message." There are a lot of people that need that guidance and correction from the Lord. But maybe pride gets in the way of maturity.

allyshajohnson
about 1 month

Hate religion….apart from what it says in the bible about religion.

“Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1:26

‬ ‭”Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” That’s the only “religion I accept….nothing else.
‭‭James‬ ‭1:27‬ ‭

laurenallenexoxo
about 1 month

Daaanngggg

sswear2
about 1 month

That is so good, and sadly so true. I’ve come to see many people only know scripture well enough that it can be used against them by those who cunningly use it to tell their ears what they want to hear and so all theses religious leaders literally use God in vain. People don’t understand do not miss-use the name of the Lord thy God in vain and what it really means. But the people should be able to tell what’s going on if they’re truly seeking God and not seeking their version of a god they want to serve, we typically want to seek and serve self.