My husband, Lyonn, and I recently had a conversation about Heaven. I shared with him that I want to live a life here that reflects a life worthy to be a ruler there. I certainly don't want to arrive in Heaven only to find out that I'll be the “gardener”🤣. He, on the other hand, thinks any position in Heaven beats going to Hell.

Our discussion led me to meditate on a question. If I sat with the Righteous Judge today, how would I measure up? I wonder, am I living a life that is pleasing to Him? Would I receive rewards or would my works be consumed by fire?

Could you imagine arriving in the Throne room at the end of the age thinking you were a rock star in your walk with Christ only to learn you were at rock bottom?

I’m about to approach my prayer time like an annual review. I intend to partner with my Father to correct and make adjustments while on Earth so I can hear well done good and faithful servant when I get to Heaven.

Here are 7 questions that I plan to ask Him:

1. Am I walking with You or without You?
2. Is my heart in good condition, or is it full of sin and unforgiveness?
3. Am I living up to Your expectations and the purpose You created me for?
4. What do I need to stop, start, and continue to do? What do I need to surrender?
5. What would you like me to accomplish in the next (insert time frame)?
6. Have I been growing closer to You this year compared to last year?
7. Am I stewarding well the talents You gave me?

“Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:23-24‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Do you ever take stock or conduct a heart check with the Lord? What are some questions you ask or can ask Him?

2 comments,1 shares,6 likes
krista deveaux
19 days

@chocharlene that’s incredible! I pray God continues to bless you, speak to you and give you revelation🤗🙏🏽

chocharlene
19 days

This is what I’ve been doing of late. I needed to know if there are things in my heart that even I don’t know are not pleasing to God. God has lovingly pointed out where I need to improve and applauded me where I’m strong.