"DON'T FORGET THE FRANKINCENSE!"
Judah Praise Concert - 26th June, 2021

(2 of 3)

Libya had Muammar Gaddafi, a hard man who ruled for many years; a hard, tough dictator. But when they removed him, Libya fell apart. People were going to university for free when Gaddafi was around; (the relative stability and security they enjoyed during his rule is far better than the present situation) – whatever else you think about him.

In all those countries where they killed their leaders suddenly like that and it wasn’t a transition of power, lawlessness broke out. You know how something happens to you and you can call the police? When there is no police, they can rape you to death, and nothing will happen, because nobody is coming — to help. This is what happens in lawless places.

Romans 13 tells you that the government is appointed by God for the purpose of maintaining order. So, even if there might be things they do or are not doing that you don’t like, you shouldn’t want them to stop existing – or there will be no law and order at all. And then, horrible things will happen, and no one will be there to help. But when there is even a semblance of government, there is a restriction on lawlessness or anarchy.

I have given you one reason why you should give thanks for authority. Give thanks always that there is a government. Give thanks! Venezuela experienced the same recession following the drop in prices of oil that we saw in Nigeria. But there, civil war broke out. In Nigeria, you are still moving around, going to school. The prices of things increased, sometimes as much as seventeen times more. Picture a packet of milk. In Nigeria, they added 200 or 300 naira, and you complained. In Venezuela, a packet of milk went from 1,100 to like 15,000 naira at that time.

You literally have to search for things to give God thanks for, because they are there. You have to make it a duty to find something. Look around. That is what I have done for years. You see people gathered here as we are now, and say, “I thank God that people can gather like this freely,” because there was a time — in the 1990’s — in these universities when cultism was so rife, and they killed people; you couldn’t move. Some of you, you walk freely, going up and down. You don’t understand. You can wear red. Do you guys wear red around? There were times you couldn’t wear red or black in this university. “Come here! Why are you wearing red? Why are you wearing our colours?!”

I want you to understand that there is always something to give thanks for. Do you agree? We don’t have time – I could give you a hundred examples. Give thanks always, in all things. Reject every temptation to complain and murmur. And that way, you can have a ‘Judah Praise’ all the days of your life.

As you are about to enter your class, thank God that there is a lecturer — even if they come late. Thank God that there is a lecturer at all, that you don’t have to read it all by yourself. Thank God that there are stairs to climb up to your class, that you didn’t have to climb through a window.

Look for what to thank God for, so the praise will continue even after we’ve dispersed from here. Let praise go up here. Challenge your friends, Christians and even non-Christians, to give thanks. When you gather to pray about anything, give thanks. Spend time giving thanks. Whatever it is you are praying about; give thanks for the version of that thing you have. Let people call you a fool. You are going to notice some people get very angry at you. Do you know why? It is demonic. People that don’t mind when you grumble and complain can get very worked up when you are thankful for what good there is.

(Continued...)

For the full teaching, visit https://g-lh.org/frankincense

For more teachings and other edifying content, visit https://g-lh.org

© God's Lighthouse 2021

0 comments,0 shares,1 likes