I just find it very interesting when I tell people in my age group (I’m 18) that I’m practising celibacy, but hardly any of them actually encourage me. It’s always made to seem like celibacy is a bad thing nowadays and it sometimes makes me feel like an outcast.

Random thoughts

18 comments,0 shares,23 likes
Olamide A.
6 months

Those who are with you are more than those against you!

Elizabeth W
6 months

The best decision is always to follow God and His plan, not the ideas of the world. Keep going and get around people who will encourage you in your walk.

grateful
6 months

Be encouraged all who are keeping themselves for the Lord. we all have to do this one way or the other. God's blessings

Reve’ Northrup
6 months

Most of the time people don’t encourage you because they are convicted because of you. Be strong and of good courage. I am 35 practicing celibacy and not dating anyone in the last 10 years. Imagine the flack I get. But we are made to be like our Master. My God bless you and keep you. Amen

Shan Applegate
6 months

@Ade01 HOLY SPIRIT we thank you for this Word of knowledge and confirming as always. 🔥🔥🔥 Go for it, the HOLY SPIRIT is saying it will draw many to CHRIST! 🙏🏽🙌👌🏾👍🏽💯

Ade01
6 months

@shan Couple months ago, I was thinking about starting a YouTube channel or a blog (or something else) to spread the word of God. Thanks for that

Ade01
6 months

@shan Thank you!

ressress
6 months

Meanwhile, the world struggles with pregnancy out if wedlock, abandonment after they give their bodies to people that don't care about them, and STD's. BE AN OUTCAST, IN JESUS' NAME!

Andile Sibanda
6 months

Sooo good sis!! I’m 21 also practising celibacy .

Been hard, got tempted and broke it . Biggest regret In my life. But helped me understand why God told us to abstain from it before marriage. I pray that you don’t get discouraged in Jesus name!

Shan Applegate
6 months

@Ade01 I’m so proud of you for following the commands of GOD!
You are not alone in practicing celibacy. The HOLY SPIRIT just told me to tell you to start a ministry to encourage likeminded people. Please pray about it first though and weigh up this prophecy. GOD bless you son! 🙏🏽😊

Sister Eve
6 months

Great decision!! Nothing worst then trying to break an ungodly soul tie. Don’t give up Ade ask the lord for grace and strength. He will stain you.

AYO
6 months

Dear Ade, I'm happy that you chose this path. Many won't understand the mystery behind the scenes but I pray that the Lord strengthens you till you meet the one He has prepared for you. I'm 5yrs into my marriage now and I can tell you that you will never regret it. But remember to always pray for GRACE because only His grace can sustain you.

jedjohn
6 months

Excellent decision! don't give up beloved..keep hanging there and asking for grace everyday to remain steadfast...
meanwhile, you have to be mindful of you the people you associate with because association leads to assimilation as evil association corrupts good manners. if you continue to associate with such friends, I dare say they will influence you one day either by hook or crook, so beware of them.
for me, the Lord saw me through. I entered the covenant with God at 12, but guess what, I got married at 38 as a celibate, and God also gave me a virgin as a wife. So really, we have no past baggage. May God bless you and keep you in Jesus name. Amen.

Faith Davina
6 months

Yes, i have experienced this.
It is difficult when the people surrounding you aren’t following God (properly). You need to pray that God hand picks the people that surround you, from neighbours to co workers to friends. Because sometimes friends have the power to make or break you.

Stay strong and remember God & His word in the midst of this journey of abstinence.

S_Moses
6 months

You are a light in this dark world. Holiness is considered as old fashioned these days. Keep on keeping on Holiness my dear.
Equip yourself with the word of God to give answer when the devil tries to intimidate you.
Bless you

Zechariah
6 months

The enemy likes to make sexual acts outside of marriage “cool” and “normal” but really it’s one of the ways the spirit of lust gains access to lives of many which leaves the door open for other spirits. A lot of marriage problems start with sexual sins and a lot of marriages never materialize because of it. God knows I was no saint before I got married, and this created a lot of unwanted spiritual, emotional baggage that could have been avoided. But after gaining understanding, I know God’s intention is for sex to be between husband and wife and it’s for a very good reason. Therefore I applaud you for your commitment. Overcoming this temptation has huge benefits.

Vanessa
6 months

You're doing the right thing. You're not alone. There's many of us following what Father has said and practicing celibacy until marriage. I'm a lot older than you and I can assure you It's one of the best decisions I have made second to giving my life to Jesus. I am so thankful I have remained celibate. Thankful to God for His grace to do so. Searching the depths of knowing Him more deeply is what brings true fulfillment. Stay on your path, I promise you will be so blessed.

Vanessa
6 months

Are these followers of Jesus?