Hey guys just a quick testimony

Before the fast started I was so hopeful like I had an assurance that this would be a life changing experience!

Then the fast started and I’ve never felt so far away from God, I found myself feeling as though I was sinking spiritually, emotionally, mentally etc and found it extremely difficult to pray or even worship.

At the same time God has began restoring my relationship with my mum, we decided to do this fast together and God has really been working in such a powerful way, going from barely speaking and being so disconnected to praying together and being joined in spirit. There were things from childhood that I had never shared with her that God was prompting me to share and when I did it’s as though I could feel chains being broken.

After sharing with her I hit a new level of low and felt so weak and vulnerable and alone I also realised how dependent I am on food for comfort, I would just sit there fantasising on what I would eat when the fast is over and trying to find anything externally to work as a distraction.

It is at that place that I realised that, I am exactly where God wanted me. In my brokenness and my pain he wants to heal and restore, he wants me to run into his arms and not away from it.

“But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:31‬ ‭NLT‬‬

It is at that place of desperation that we can truly be healed. Apostle @Tomi Arayomi spoke about spiritual poverty and I knew exactly what he meant. I strongly believe that God is bringing us to a place of brokenness so that he can lift us up and push us forward, those stagnant areas of our lives will have to shift as we come together for the nation God is doing a deep work within us!

Thank you @Tomi Arayomi for your obedience and your strength, you’re truly an inspiration 🙏🏽

9 comments,0 shares,21 likes
hannahakotia
almost 2 years

Amen

Fina Perlas
almost 2 years

Thanks for sharing. I especially love that God is restoring your relationship with your Mom.

Grace
almost 2 years

Beautiful! Thank you Jesus! Well written and very heartfelt x

Tomi Arayomi
almost 2 years

Such a beautiful and honest testimony!
💙

Judy
almost 2 years

Such a real testimony. Thanks for sharing

Angela
almost 2 years

Amen🙏🏾

SandraMoonsamyMalina
almost 2 years

amen

Taiwo Aiyenuro
almost 2 years

I love this testimony so much. Thank you for sharing. You have encouraged me so much

SusanneFromDenmark
almost 2 years

What a great testimony 😍🎯👏