morning guys,

this morning I had a vision of the main meeting room of my home church. all the chairs were set out socially distanced but every so often the floor would open up and swallow one chair at a time.

I also feel like I heard "the Lord gives and the Lord takes away."

i have an idea of what it could mean, but any suggestions would be much appreciated!
x

13 comments,0 shares,1 likes
ange_rati
5 months

@Toyin_Wind Of Change precisely my perception. God has called a new order, but the church will try to go back to her old ways, with slight adjustments. However, the revelation of a church without walls and the apostolic era will begin to unfold, and many that discern will follow. Glory to God.

Rile
5 months

The 1st thing that comes to mind is church unusual- to me it's preparatory time to send people away to spread the gospel. If the church isn't ready to change to the new normal, they'll lose their membership

I think @Tomi Arayomi and @Sharon Stone have preached messages around this. check their YouTube

binta
5 months

@laurnahs8 absolutely! Couldn’t state it better. We’ve really made the church about us instead of our head Jesus Christ.

laurna
5 months

@binta I agree with your interpretation. For too long the church followed the protocol and rules of being according to us setting things out the way we wanted it. Although the church belongs to God, we made it more about us. We haven’t asked the Holy Spirit how he wants things to be done, we just expect him to show up and move among us. I feel that this dream is saying that it won’t be church as normal. By social distancing within the church, we have again allowed the world to play a part in the body. We did it by bringing in certain types of secular music. No one asked God how he wants his church to look, so he’s taking away our comfort. God is doing a new thing. Old things have passed away, behold all things become new.

Joel Turton
5 months

thank you everyone for responding, really appreciate it and praying for God to reveal more!

Ayokunle David
5 months

@Joel Turton in the book of Job, Job said "the Lord has given and the Lord has taken away when his children were killed." He suspected that in their hearts they had despised God. In the Book of Numbers, Korah challenged Moses' authority and his relationship to God with some of his Levite men and they were killed by the ground swallowing them up. We can see in the Bible insulting Moses was like insulting God because God had bestowed a special authority upon him, even saying I will make you (Moses) like God to Pharaoh in Exodus 7:1. In the Gospels, Jesus also said to the disciples something along the lines of "Listen to the teachings of the Pharisees because they sit in Moses' seat."

This could be a sign of parishioners/administration who have somehow insulted God with their actions and the social distancing could represent God using Covid to 'unseat' these people. He could be trying to remove a legalistic, pharisee spirit in order to make room for a cultivated relationship with Him and more fervent obedience of His commands.

binta
5 months

I think I perceive (I state it this way because I didn’t necessarily receive a rhema word on the dream’s meaning, just a knowing in my mind so I may be wrong-disclaimer) that The Lord doesn’t want the existing church system to remain as is, especially adding the recent element of COVID-19 regulations to its operations(hence the swallowing up of those chairs entirely). In the current church format that has been in existence for years, chairs are one of the most important items in the building and when you take them away, the congregation wouldn’t stay in such a building for long since they can’t comfortably sit down. I think The chairs got swallowed up because The Lord needs the church to leave that comfort we are so used to and exit the buildings. God isn’t interested in having COVID laws in the church which is primarily the individuals gathering together to fellowship.

Toyin_Wind Of Change
5 months

Chairs and positions

Toyin_Wind Of Change
5 months

Joel, I pray for a covering over your home church. I pray for a repositioning of the church as the new way of fellowshipping with the saints has started. The church without walls! It is no longer about the buildings and arrangements, it is about our hearts. It is no long about were we seat or how we dress...COVID 19 has shown us all that lives can be touched from the screens. We have come to a stage of moving in signs and wonders without seeing the faces of the people and laying hands of the people we want to pray for or prophesy to. Sorry if these has no relation to what you are thinking. I write as it comes so I don’t find myself changing anything.

superflynorton
5 months

Maybe a something simple like this is a time of taking away. There is a season for everything under the sun

Joel Turton
5 months

@David 75 not as far as I know

Ayokunle David
5 months

Has anyone in your church passed from covid?

Rebecca Morgan
5 months

He said, “I came naked from my mother’s womb, and I will be naked when I leave. The Lord gave me what I had, and the Lord has taken it away. Praise the name of the Lord !”
Job 1:21 NLT
https://bible.com/bible/116/job.1.21.NLT